[vtkusers] Geometry digitization and triangulation

Joulaeizadeh, (L) , Mrs LJoulaeizadeh at vsl.nl
Tue Oct 25 03:34:31 EDT 2011

Dear users of VTK,

I need to simulate a phantom including the lung geometry. I found that using penmesh I can simulate arbitrary geometries like lungs. I came to know about the method, and I found that apparently VTK digitize the geometry and produce the triangle mesh in the ply format to be used by penmesh. Is that correct? Did I understood about VTK correctly?

Now, if I'm correct, could you please give me a hint about how to use VTK? I should mention that I don't have a CT data from my phantom, however, it should be possible to digitize the lung geometry by some simple softwares like GetData.

I'm new in using Penelope, penmesh and VTK and would appreciate any help from you.

Have a nice day.
Leila

<http://www.hollandmetrology.nl>

[cid:vsl_logo_rgb4027.jpg]<http://www.vsl.nl/>

 VSL

 Mrs (L) Joulaeizadeh PhD

 Scientist - Ionizing Radiation Standards

 D +31 15 2691681

 T +31 15 2691500

 www.vsl.nl<http://www.vsl.nl/>

 DISCLAIMER<http://www.vsl.nl/disclaimer>