[vtkusers] vtkXMLPolyDataReader: Cannot read points array from Points in piece 0. The data array in the element may be too short.

Benoit Scherrer benoitscherrer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:25:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm writing and reading big vtp files (with compression ON as by default)
with the standard vtkXMLPolyDataWriter/vtkXMLPolyDataReader. I'm compiling
on a 64bits machine.
The writing is OK (6.2GB). When i want to read the produced file, here is
what it returns:

ERROR: In
/home/ch137122/Software/vtk-5.6.0/VTK/IO/vtkXMLUnstructuredDataReader.cxx,
line 522
vtkXMLPolyDataReader (0x1704880): Cannot read points array from Points in
piece 0.  The data array in the element may be too short.

However, for smaller files, It's working without any trouble.

I found some information related to that error in multiple forums but it
didn't help me.
Do you have any idea what's wrong? Is there a trick somewhere for bigger
files?

Thanks a lot
Benoit