[vtkusers] Hardware offscreen rendering (and its possible use for the Java wrappers)

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Oct 20 08:19:21 EDT 2011

Hi Luke,

I can agree and if you do the thing smartly you can use another
dedicated thread for VTK than the EDT. But unfortunately, it doesn't
seem that easy. I think that Karthik did try something like that and
the performance were very poor.
Moreover, we might run into multi-platform issue on the C++ layer in
the way the OpenGL context get truly created.

Karthik can you elaborate your experience in that domain if any ?

Thanks,

Seb