[vtkusers] Derive from vtkGraphAlgorithm

Yang, Jinzhong jinzhong76 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 11:29:53 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I was trying to implement a class deriving from vtkGraphAlgorithm. I used
the vtkBoostbreadthFirstSearch as the template for my implementation;
however, I did not implement the FillInputPortInformaiton and
FillOutputPortInformation. However, when I tested my code, I got the
following error message:

ERROR: In ..\..\source\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757

vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (01965648): Algorithm
vtkUndirectedGraphCPP(01963930) returned failure for request: vtkInformation
(01965E08)

  Debug: Off

  Modified Time: 23

  Reference Count: 1

  Registered Events: (none)

  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT

  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

The following is the testing code to call my implemented class
vtkUndirectedGraphCPP:

  vtkUndirectedGraphCPP * cpp = vtkUndirectedGraphCPP::New();

  cpp->SetInput(g);

  cpp->SetOriginVertex(0);

  cpp->SetEdgeCostArrayName("weights");

  cpp->Update();

Here g is a vtkMutableUndirectedGraph. I did a little bit search and found
that I should overwrite RequestDataObject instead of RequestData. This would
be quite different from other implementations in vtk. Could anybody help to
solve this problem? My VTK version is  5.4.2.

Thanks,

Jinzhong