[vtkusers] vtkImageReader - SetDataSpacing - What is it doing?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:42:20 EDT 2011

I suspect that the volume mapper has some settings that are specified in
physical units.

On Friday, October 14, 2011, Sean Larkin <sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m using vtkImageReader to loading a 3D volume and render it with
vtkVolumeMapper.  I want to be able to adjust the voxel aspect ratio, so I
decided to use the SetDataSpacing() method of vtkImageReader.  Is this the
best way to do this?  I ask this because I can get very different looking
rendered images when I use the same aspect ratio, with different values.
For example, when I set the spacing to [.043,.043,1] I get poor resolution
compared to when I use [1,1,23.3] (these are the same ratios).    Does
anyone know why this is happening?