[vtkusers] wx python scripts segfault

cjauvin cjauvin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:27:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

If it can be helpful to anyone: I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10
(64-bit), which resulted in the upgrade of the "libvtk" and "python-vtk"
packages, to version 5.6.1.

My application, which worked well with prior versions (5.2 and 5.4) was now
segfaulting, and I narrowed down the problem to the
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor class. I then found this thread, and had to
apply the fix suggested by Martin, more specifically, on my particular
machine, in file:

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/vtk/wx/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py

I replaced line 386:

if d:

by

if d and self.__has_painted:

and it now works for me. I don't know if this fix should already be included
in Ubuntu's official repository, but it seems that it is not, at least with
this very recent version.

Best,

Christian