[vtkusers] a few questions regarding SIP

Yifei Li yifli82 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:34:14 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I plan to use VTK with Python, so I checked VTK_WRAP_PYTHON. However, I'm
not sure if I also need to enable 'VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_SIP'.

I tried to leave 'VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_SIP' checked, and got the following errors
when compiling VTK:

[ 93%] Generating sipQVTKPythonQVTKWidget.cpp,
sipQVTKPythonQVTKInteractor.cpp, sipQVTKPythonQVTKInteractorAdapter.cpp,
sipQVTKPythonvtkQtAbstractModelAdapter.cpp,
sipQVTKPythonvtkQtAnnotationLayersModelAdapter.cpp,
sipQVTKPythonvtkQtTableModelAdapter.cpp,
sipQVTKPythonvtkQtTreeModelAdapter.cpp, sipQVTKPythoncmodule.cpp
sip: Unable to find file "QtCore/QtCoremod.sip"
make[2]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/sipQVTKPythonQVTKWidget.cpp] Error 1
make[1]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/CMakeFiles/QVTKPython.dir/all] Error 2

Can anyone give me some help? Thanks

Yifei