[vtkusers] eye angle in stereo mode neglected when saving window to image

narko markus.schalek at uni-graz.at
Wed Oct 5 12:24:27 EDT 2011

I'm new to VTK and I'm using the ActivViz Package for .NET.

One of the Problems I've run into is that, when using any Stereo-Mode, i.e.
like this:

           renWin.SetStereoTypeToAnaglyph();
           cam.SetEyeAngle(StereoAngle);

everything shows perfectly in my Render Window, but when I try to save an
image like this:

            vtkWindowToImageFilter filter = new vtkWindowToImageFilter();
            filter.SetInput(MainRenWin);
            filter.Update();

            vtkPNGWriter jw = new vtkPNGWriter();
            jw.SetInput(filter.GetOutput());
            jw.SetFileName(Filename);
            jw.Write();

the eye angle is neglected. It seems to stay around 2, although my camera
has a higher angle set.

Can someone help me with this?
Many thanks.

ps. Stereo Mode also seems to disable Transparency (i.e.
filter.SetInputBufferTypeToRGBA();). Bug or feature?