[vtkusers] intersecting surfaces with volumes

arvind bharathi arvind3008 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 09:52:39 EST 2011

Thank you for the reply.

I was not able to clearly understand what exactly they meant by calculating
the 'distance' from the input geometry to the structured data set. I think
I am right in saying that the geometry refers to my STL mesh while the
structured data set refers to the volume mesh. If this is correct, then
what distance does it refer to? Is it the distance from the plane of every
triangle in the bounding box to every point in the bounding box?

In the example:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImplicitModeller.html#details,
is the output the portion of 'hello' that is inside the bounding box at a
distance of 0.25?

I have attached a couple of images indicating the kind of problem I have.

Thanks in advance