[vtkusers] vtkChartXY cannot be resolved to a type with JAVA wrapping

Paulo Dias paulo.dias at ua.pt
Mon Nov 28 10:54:59 EST 2011

Dear All,

I Have just compiled vtk-5.8.0 with Java Wrapping on a Windows 7 machine
with visul 2008, and everything seems to work well.

I already had several example running in JAVA with VTK.

However when I tried to use some chart examples (namely vtkChartXY), eclipse
compiler complained that the class cannot be resolved.

I have checked in the VTK.jar file and the vtkChartXY.java is present but no
vtkcharXY.class exists.

Any idea on what is the problem. Do I need to activate extra flags during
VTK compilation. The JAVA wrapper is not available for some classes?

Any idea?

Cheers,

--Paulo  Dias

University of Aveiro