[vtkusers] vtkSelectPolyData selects unwanted inside closed surfaces.

soheilghafurian soheilghafurian at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 11:07:18 EST 2011

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5029252/Untitled_picture.png

Hi

I have a very annoying problem. It would be great if you could help me:

I used vtkSelectPolyData to extract a portion of my mesh. I did it pretty
much the same way as in example
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/SelectPolyData

But what happens is besides my surface, it also selects the closed surface
inside my mesh, which are part of the mesh. I have attached a picture of
what happens.

I would be really thankful if somebody could help me.

P.S.
I have set loop->SetSelectionModeToLargestRegion(); in the example