[vtkusers] Crashes in Java wrapped vtk on linux because of xcb problems

Clemens Müthing clemens.muething at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Nov 25 10:52:44 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

I am currently developing a Viewer for Volume Renderings using the Java
Wrappers of vtk.
To complicate things a bit, the Viewer is a plugin for KNIME
(www.knime.org, a tool to
perform data mining and other tasks using a node based approach) which in
term is an
extension for eclipse.

Now, the problem is the following: Everytime I run the programm, I can
easily display
the data, manipulate it etc without a crash as long as the window
containing the
vtkPanel is open. But when I close the window, at random intervals a crash
will
occur, giving me only one of the following error messages:

java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:140: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `req ==
dpy->xcb->pending_requests failed.
java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:571: _XReply: Assertion `(((long) (req->sequence)
- (long) (dpy->request)) <= 0)' failed.
java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:515: _XReply: Assertion `!dpy->xcb->reply_data'
failed.

To ease the problem, I tried to build a minimum example, but this didn't
help, as that one is not
crashing at all.

So my question would be: Has anyone else have had a similar problem and
could maybe give me
a hint to where the problem may be? Or, as I don't have a clue how to
debug this any
further, any tips what I might do to get a little bit more output?

Thanks in advance