[vtkusers] Question about vtkOpenGLTexture

Marc Ferland marc.ferland at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 14:01:58 EST 2011

Hi,

Currently using vtk-5.8.

While debugging my application, I noticed that the vtkOpenGLTexture::Load
function always resets the this->SupportsPBO flag to "false" even though
PBO's are supported by the platform. It seems to be caused by the
ReleaseGraphicsResources function which resets everything _after_ we have
checked the hardware support.

I did a quick test and commented the ReleaseGraphicsResources call from the
Load function and now the PBO is correctly used.

So my question is:

Is this behavior caused by my application? I'm doing a lot of texture
streaming and often update the vtkImageData object that is set as the input
of the texture.

Regards,

Marc