[vtkusers] Comma as decimal delimiter for float under German Suse Linux

Peter Eipert eipert at web.de
Wed Nov 23 11:02:30 EST 2011

Hello

I use vtk 5.6.1 and have a problem writing vtkPolyData to a file with
the vtkPolyDataWriter.
Under German Suse Linux 64bit in the vtk data file the comma is used as
decimal delimiter for floats. So the data can not be reread correctly by
vtk. Under Windows (also a german version) this problem does not occur.
I use the ASCII-type because my program runs on both 32 and 64bit systems.

Any suggestions how I can handle this problem?
(Other than externally reopen the file and replace the commas by points)

Thanks in advance
Peter