[vtkusers] Re : Re : Fail to render big data of unstructured Grid

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 10:04:58 EST 2011

> Yes I have recompiled my app for 64 bits and I will look for VTK. May be
> there an option in CMake to set the 64bits support ?

You do that by selecting a 64 bit generator if you are using Visual Studio.

> For the memory, it only uses 1.5GB just before the crash.

If your application is still 32 bits this could be the reason because
of address space fragmentation. Remember by default a 32 bit windows
program under a 32 bit os without setting the /3GB boot.ini switch and
linking your program with the LARGEADDRESSAWARE switch the largest
single allocation you can make is around 1.2GB regardless of how much
memory or swap space you have.

John