[vtkusers] VTK for Java, how to re-use library on different machines without recompiling source?

rasyid mujahid rasyidmujahid at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:13:06 EST 2011

Hi Seb,

Thank for your suggestion. In addition to VTK .dll, Java users should
add*awt.dll
* to library path, but sometime I missed adding this awt.dll to path and I
assumed the problem was from VTK libraries. Ok from now on, I have to set
all vtk and awt together into path, otherwise vtk library will find
unsatisfied dependency.

Thank you

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Sebastien Jourdain <
sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Abdurrasyid,
>
> It seems that you are missing some of the library that don't come with
> VTK. Use Dependency Walker to figure out what library you need and
> then put them all together in the same directory that you add in your
> PATH before running your Java application.
>
> Seb
>
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 3:45 AM, rasyid mujahid <rasyidmujahid at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am working on VTK with Java on several machines of Windows XP and 7,
> and
> > on each machines I have to compile VTK source. For all machines I am
> using
> > the same compiler Visual Studio 2010.
> > Is it possible to re-use the .dll without recompiling the source? Since
> the
> > compiling process really takes much time.
> >
> > I was trying to use the libraries from one machine to another with the
> same
> > Windows 7 OS, but that did not work. It said "Could not find dependency"
> > (library path is already set properly for sure).
> > If you have many users that will use the application, what a cumbersome
> when
> > each user need to compile the source on their machine?
> >
> > Thanks for any helps.
> >

> > --
> > Abdurrasyid Mujahid

> > Powered by www.kitware.com