[vtkusers] vtkChartXY and Pre-Existing Renderer

list user quasilister at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:07:33 EST 2011

Thanks!  That did the trick.  I am doing everything in Python...here's a
sketch of the working code

class VTKPlotInterface()
  def __init__(self):
    self.contextActor = vtk.vtkContextActor()
    self.chart = vtk.vtkChartXY()
    self.contextActor.GetScene().AddItem(self.chart)
    ....(other chart properties)
  def addPoints()
  def addPlot()

Then I attach to my pre-existing Renderer:
self.graphicsFrameWidget.ren.AddActor(chartXY.contextActor)