[vtkusers] vtkChartXY and Pre-Existing Renderer

list user quasilister at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:24:50 EST 2011

Is there a way to attach a vtkChartXY object to an existing Renderer.  A
similar issue has come up on the listerv where it was suggested to remove
an existing Renderer and attach the vtkChartXY to vtkContextView and use
vtkContextView's Renderer:
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2011-February/115121.html

For my application, I am using the same Renderer to switch between
different "views" of actors (Cell View, Concentration View, etc) and actors
are removed and added.  Is there away to accommodate my current setup of a
single Renderer?

using vtk 5.8.0