[vtkusers] Recipe for building VTK-5.6.1 with C++ Builder XE (bcc32 6.31)

Gustavo Longhin longhin at simworx.com.br
Fri Nov 11 08:29:34 EST 2011

Hi Oliver,

First of all thanks for sharing all the information regarding building vtk
with Embarcadero, it seams to me that there isn't too much of us out there
working with VTK based on Embarcadero.
Most of your instructions I've also figured it out myself but I guess with
less criteria.
I've successfully built vtk-5.6.x and the brand new 5.8.0 with Embarcadero,
but when integrating in my application (Developed with Embarcadero C++
Builder 2010) the resulting executable is very unstable, and even in the
debug build whenever a crash occurs I can't get to the Stack to assess the
problem. I got this annoying Window Message "Close the Application" or
"Check online for a solution" which is useless in my case.
In my vtk builds (both release and debug) I never changed the -tWM options
to -tW and -tWC and what I would like to ask concern those options as being
a potential solution for my crashes.
Can you please give me a clue on that, do you think that enabling the
multithreading with the -tM option can be an aggravating point to the
crashes on my application ?
Well, thanks a lot in advance and I'm glad am not alone with that
Embarcadero / vtk effort.
Best regards.
Gustavo.