[vtkusers] vtkImageActor for 10 bit displays?

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 07:43:49 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:32 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jesus,
>
> Most 10-bit displays use a 24-bit RGB to 10-bit greyscale conversion.
> The vtkImageActor is fully capable of 24 bits.

How can you achieve 24bits with vtkImageActor? I can't see how to setup the
pipeline.

Say we have a 10 or 12 bit grayscale image (common case in DICOM) stored in
a vtkImageData (2 bytes per pixel). How can you build a pipeline where you
can apply at least a window level operation to your image and achieve a
10bit image in the output?

--
Jesús Spínola