[vtkusers] Removing surfaces created by a watershed transform

Roman Grothausmann roman.grothausmann at helmholtz-berlin.de
Mon May 30 09:02:04 EDT 2011

Dear mailing list members,

How can I remove the surfaces created/introduced by a watershed transform?
Would these steps work? :
1. Run watershed separation that does not introduce a border on a binary
image of some blobs
2. mesh the resulting label image with vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes
3. find and remove congruent triangles

Is my assumption correct that vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes yields congruent
triangles for surfaces introduced by a border-less watershed separation?
And is this the case ONLY for the introduced surfaces?
Is there a VTK-filter that would remove congruent triangles?
vtkCleanPolyData seems to be close to what I would need but not exactly,
I think.

Any help or hints on this are very much appreciated
Roman

--
Roman Grothausmann

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
Bereich Funktionale Materialien
Institut für angewandte Materialforschung
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

(früher Hahn-Meitner-Institut und BESSY)

Tel.: +49-(0)30-8062-42816
Fax.: +49-(0)30-8062-43059

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch
Stellvertretende Vorsitzende: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c.
Wolfgang Eberhardt, Dr. Ulrich Breuer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Handelsregister: AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583