[vtkusers] vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper on a specific GPU

Lars Friedrich Lars lars-friedrich at gmx.net
Sun May 29 13:28:02 EDT 2011

Hello,

my idea is to use vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper for rendering a sequence of some GPU-accelerated ray-casted scenes in offsreen-mode and to store the resultant images on the disk ("screenshots").

How can I explicitly specify on which graphic card the code is executed? I have two separate NVIDIA graphic cards.

If it is possible to tell vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper on which GPU to render: is it possible on both Windows and Linux? Or is it just possible using the X-server environment?

Is it in theory also possible to use an NVIDIA Tesla (which is for GP-GPU) for the internal GLSL rendering stuff?

Thank you for any hints and answers on that topic!

Regards,

lars