[vtkusers] Reading large vtk XML files on x64 Windows

Doug McCorkle mccdo at iastate.edu
Thu May 26 13:39:51 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to read a large (2.9GB file) XML unstructured grid on windows x64 with VTK 5.8 and I am running into a runtime error that states that the reader cannot read my points array. I can read the file on Mac so I wanted to see if this is just a limitation of running VTK on windows. I found these two issues:

http://public.kitware.com/Bug/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=6938

http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2011-April/021283.html

which seem to be somewhat related to the problem. I have 64 bit ids enabled on both OS's. Is there something else I am missing about reading large files on windows or is this just a windows "thing"? Thanks for the help.

Doug