[vtkusers] Wrong documentation or wrong code for vtkAxisActor2D?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu May 26 10:22:32 EDT 2011

The method SetRulerDistance was added on December 15, 2010.
vtk 5.6.1 was created on Tue, 28 Sep 2010

So, the method does not exist in a current VTK official release. You can

1) Wait for 5.8.0 (which should be available soon, or
2) Pull the current nightly version: http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git

I would recommend 1) unless you have an urgent need.

Bill