[vtkusers] Using HLAPI-Callbacks (haptic stuff) inside a vtkInteractorStyle class

Ralf Denhof ralf.denhof at gmx.de
Thu May 26 07:56:03 EDT 2011

Hello together,

I try to write some classes to connect the VTK with the HLAPI by
Sensable. To do this, I implemented inherited classes of
vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper, vtkOpenGLProperty and
vtkRenderWindowInteractorStyle. Inside the InteractorStyle-class I want
to use callback routines for the HLAPI. The signature of one of these
callbacks is "void HLCALLBACK MoveProxyCallback(HLenum event, HLuint o,
HLenum t, HLcache* c, void* objectPointer)". If I add a callback by
"hlAddEventCallback(HL_EVENT_MOTION, HL_OBJECT_ANY, HL_CLIENT_THREAD,
      MoveProxyCallback, NULL)", it is never called on runtime.
I hope this question is not "off-topic" in this list. Has anybody tried
to integrate the HLAPI in VTK and can give me further information?

Best regards

Ralf Denhof