[vtkusers] cylinder + vtkPerspectiveTransform -> truncated cone

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Mon May 23 19:51:52 EDT 2011

Hi Gib,

if you can model the center of your vessels as line polydata
with scalar values at the points corresponding to vessel inner
(or outer) radii, vtkTubeFilter might be a solution.

Dean

In my application I want to visualize a vessel network made of a large
number
(order of 100k) of segments of tube, each segment being a truncated cone,
i.e.
the diameter varies along the segment.  Searching for a way to make a
truncated
cone, I saw a suggestion for making it from a cylinder, using
vtkPerspectiveTransform. I would appreciate some guidance on how to go about
this.  Because I'm rendering  a large number of these segments, I'd like to
do
it as fast as possible.  Is there an example relevant to this task?

Thanks
Gib