[vtkusers] VTK wrapping with Python 3.x

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:05:01 EDT 2011

Hi Matt,

VTK does not support Python 3 yet.  There were some major changes
in the Python 3 APIs for strings, ints, and buffers, so getting VTK to
work with Python 3 will require a fair time investment.  I'm actually
pretty eager to do the conversion, but I cannot justify it until I need
python 3 for my own projects.  That will depend on when ubuntu and
OS X will start using it as their core python version.

 - David