[vtkusers] How to select a specific cell/point attribute from a vtkDataSet? (Next)

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon May 23 08:59:19 EDT 2011

Hello Romain,

If I understand your question correctly, the standard way of accessing attributes in a vtkDataSet is something like:

imageData->GetPointData()->GetArray("array_name");
polyData->GetCellData()->GetArray("array2_name");

(with some other variations available). Both vtkCellData and vtkPointData inherit from vtkDataSetAttributes, so many of the methods you'll need are listed there or in it's superclass, vtkFieldData:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDataSetAttributes.html
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkFieldData.html

Hope this helps,
-Eric