[vtkusers] How to get patient's information using vtkMedicalImageReader2 ?

Lily Yang 812683090 at qq.com
Wed May 18 23:14:15 EDT 2011

Because I want to get some Dicom tag informations that the
vtkDicomImageReader doesn't include such functions.

For example, vtkMedicalImageProperties has the function  "GetSliceThickness
()" which vtkDicomImageReader doesn't have.
vtkMedicalImageProperties includes also all the tag informations of Dicom.

I use MedicalImageReader2->GetMedicalImageProperties().

All of these functions such as GetPatientName(),GetPatientSex(), etc return
NULL value.
I dont know why...

Kind Regard,
Lily