[vtkusers] How to get patient's information using vtkMedicalImageReader2 ?

Lily Yang 812683090 at qq.com
Wed May 18 22:05:19 EDT 2011

Hello,

I also meet this problem and I doubt whether the Dicom data have been read
correctly.

vtkMedicalImageReader2* medimg = vtkMedicalImageReader2::New();
medimg->SetFileName("E:\\Data\\1.dcm");
medimg->Update();
printf("Patient gender:
%s\n",medimg->GetMedicalImageProperties()->GetPatientSex());
printf("Age %s\n",medimg->GetMedicalImageProperties()->GetPatientAge());
printf("Modality %s\n",medimg->GetMedicalImageProperties()->GetModality());

All these methods return NULL. Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Kind Regard,
Lily