[vtkusers] vtkStreamPoints!!!

Subhodeep Ray raysubho510 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:44:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

A few days back I started using vtkStreamPoints so as to generate points
along a streamline to obtain a visual effect of moving particles, but
somehow the functions of this class don't seem to be working properly.

Following is a small snippet of the code that I am working on...

vtkUnstructuredGrid *grid;
vtkStreamTracer *tracer;
vtkStreamPoints *points;
vtkSphereSource *sphere;
vtkGlyph3D *glyph;
vtkPolyDataMapper *mapper;

tracer->SetInput(grid);
tracer->SetStartPosition(x,y,z);
tracer->SetIntegratorTypeToRungeKutta4();
tracer->SetMaxPropagation(int);
tracer->SetInitialIntegrationStep(int);

points->SetInputConnection(tracer->GetOutputPort());
points->SetStartPosition(x,y,z);
points->SetMaxPropagationTime(100);
points->SetTimeIncrement(150);
points->SetIntegrationDirectionToForward();

sphere->SetRadius(5.0);

glyph->SetInputConnection(points->GetOutputPort());
glyph->SetSource(sphere->GetOutput());
glyph->SetScaleFactor(1.0);
glyph->SetScaleModeToScaleByVector();

mapper->SetInputConnection(glyph->GetOutputPort());

please ignore any syntax errors.

do tell me if there's anything wrong with the algorithm or order of
commands, or the logic involved, because that's where I believe the problem
may lie. but obviously if there's anything else wrong with the above code
snippet, please do let me know

Thanx,
Regards,

--
Subhodeep Ray
Research Engineer (Software Development)
e-mail: raysubho510 at gmail.com