[vtkusers] VTK and GTS

Bryn Lloyd lloyd at itis.ethz.ch
Tue May 10 09:29:39 EDT 2011

Hi

The vtkSurfaceBooleanOperations filter needs external libraries (GTS and
GLIB).

GTS is quite difficult to compile on Windows, especially with the Visual
Studio C++ compiler. According to their website, GTS can be compiled using
cygwin on windows. If this is not an option, you should try to get a
pre-compiled version from somebody, or create your own visual studio project
to compile GTS, setting the correct compiler definitions.

GLIB can be obtained as a binary for Windows/Visual Studio online.

For your interest:
 - TAR.exe is a command line tool for unpacking an archive (e.g.
gts-snapshot.tar.gz).
 - MAKE.exe is a command line call to compile this code.
These are tools commonly found in a unix/linux/OSX environment.

Good luck