[vtkusers] VTK + QT Application backward versioning on Mac

Rashid Tanweer quantum_cook at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 06:40:02 EDT 2011

Hi,
I have successfully Built and compiled VTK with QT on Mac osx 10.6.7. Then
according to the requirements I changed configuration in CMAKE so that the
target version is 10.5. I compiled VTK with QT again and it was successful, with
cones tutorials examples running. But whenever i compile my own application
which is built using QVTK Widget i got this error

"Check with the developer to make sure VDSim works with this version of MacOS X.
You may need to reinstall the application ..."

Following is my CMAKE Configuration

BUILD_EXAMPLES      checked
BUILD_SHARED_LIBSchecked
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURESx86_64
CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET     10.5
CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
VTK_USE_COCOAchecked
VTK_USE_CARBONunchecked
VTK_USE_QTchecked
VTK_USE_QVT_QTOPENGLchecked

I have also ran following command on the terminal

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5

Every thing in my application compiles with both QT Creator and XCode but does
not execute by giving the error as mentioned above.

Can someone please let me know is there anything else i need to do.

Regards,
Rashid