[vtkusers] How to view Front, Top, Bottom, etc views of an object?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:36:15 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Nelson <gnjoseph at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All, I am using *vtkLSDynaReader*. I am able to render the d3plot file
> with *vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera.* I want to view the Front, Back,
> Top, Bottom, Right, Left views of it. How to get those views? Thanks in
> advance.
> Best Regards,
> Nelson

Did you ever get it to work? Either way, we should make this into an
example. I think you'd just need 6 viewports:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/MultipleViewports

<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/MultipleViewports>each
with its camera positioned appropriately. Maybe the above link will give you
somewhere to start. If you're still having problems, post your attempt under
"wish list" on the examples page and we'll take a look.

David