[vtkusers] selecting a section of a pipe

Matheus Brasileiro matheus.brasileiro at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:45:50 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm not english native so I apologize in advance for my english.

I'm already visualized a pipe in the vtkRenderWindow and I also can interact
with it, move, rotate and zoom. It is a single Prop or Actor. OK normal.
But now I need to select a section of this pipe.
For example: The Idea is to click in two different parts of the Actor, in
that case a pipe, and after that I should be able to perform some actions
with this section of the pipe, for example, apply on it a different color.

Someone knows how to do that?
There is a vtkWidget that perform that?
There are any ideas of which vtk classes I should use to do that?

A major question: When I need to do something like that and I didn't find
any similar example, where can I find a direction that tells me which
classes should I look for?

Thanks in advance

--
Matheus Brasileiro Passos