[vtkusers] running out of memory for vtkImageData

Prashanth prashanth.dumpuri at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:15:54 EDT 2011

All,
  I'm trying to allocate a vtkImageData of size 512 x 512 x 218 with 3
scalar components. To save memory I'm storing the scalar values as 'short',
but 'am still running out of memory. I'm running my code on a Windows 32 bit
machine. All the previous posts about memory allocation for vtkImageData
have been answered with "switch to Windows 7 or a 64-bit machine".
Unfortunately neither of these solutions work for me. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Prashanth