[vtkusers] vtkDataObject with multiple fields

Jasper VTK jaspervtk at gmail.com
Wed May 4 06:25:21 EDT 2011

Dear VTK Users,

I am relatively new to VTK, and have run into some issues.

My goal is to build a vtkDataObject, containing multiple fields. This
DataObject would be written to an ASCII file using an appropriate writer, to
be processed in the pipeline later on. Each FIELD in the vtkDataObject would
contain the data at a specific timestep.

The vtkDataFile I am trying to build resembles the file blowAttr.vtk (a vtk
example of a previous release). This file can be found here for reference:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/182396/blowAttr.vtk

I am able to read my data, build a single vtkFieldData object, and then add
this vtkFieldData to a vtkDataObject using the SetFieldData() method.

How can i add multiple FIELDS to a vtkDataObject? Do is use a
vtkDataObjectWriter?

I have been looking for a way to do this for quite some time. Any hints on
the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jasper