[vtkusers] Parallel coordinates Extraction

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:38:04 EDT 2011

Hey Darshan,

Because there's still a slight bug in the plot class you have to set the line opacity through the plot's Pen rather than through the lookup table. You also set the line width through the Pen (this is Python, so you may have to do some casting in C++):

chart.GetPlot(0).GetPen().SetOpacityF(0.8)
chart.GetPlot(0).GetPen().SetWidth(6)

You set the scalar range for each axis (index i) by first calling chart.GetAxis(i).SetBehavior(1) to set it to a "fixed" range rather than auto-rescaling, and then you call chart.GetAxis(i).SetMaximum() and SetMinimum(). If you want/need to then specify where the ticks are and what their labels are, then you need to call chart.GetAxis(i).SetTickPositions() with a vtkDoubleArray of position values and SetTickLabels() with a vtkStringArray of labels.

-Eric