[vtkusers] Polylines intersect circle

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:57:21 EDT 2011

Hi,
You can use a simple pipeline :
- First, generate ids from your set of polylines (vtkIdFilter)
- Then cut this Ids' enrich polydata with vtkCutter by setting the
cutting plane equal to your circle plane (center and normal)
- the latter will give a set of points : just compute the distance of
each point to the center of the circle. If it is less than "circle
radius", then the corresponding polyline (the Ids will help you to
find it back) passes through the circle.

Note that you don't need a PolyData representing the circle. If you
prefer to use an intersection algorithm, you will have to use a disc
explicitly.

HTH,
Jerome