[vtkusers] point picking and kwwidgets

Alexander Taghva alextaghva at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:09:43 EDT 2011

Hello,
I am using a combination of KWWidgets and ImageViewer2 to view a DICOM
medical image.  I am trying to get the physical coordinates of image points
by clicking with a mouse.  I did this by implementing a modification of the
trackball-style interactor like I saw in some example code.  When I did this
I lost the ability to perform windowing on my image by dragging across
image. A couple questions:

1. What is the default render window interactor that allows you to
do windowing, pan, and zoom?  I may be better off subclassing that
interactor rather than trackball style.

2.  Are there any kwwidgets out there that provide a crosshair or something
nice to select points with?  Also, is there something that will label the
point on the image once you click on it?

3. How can I get the slice number when using ImageViewer2? Right now, when I
do point picking, I only get coordinates in two dimensions.

Ultimately, I would like to display sagittal, coronal, and axial images in
the same view, and when the user clicks on a point in one view, it is
automatically labeled in the other two views... Thanks for your help.
Alex Taghva