[vtkusers] abnormal chart using scatter points

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 28 09:34:59 EDT 2011

Hello,

Which version of VTK are you using? I've definitely drawn scatter plots using the Charts API that had more than 40,000 points, and this is something the Charts are supposed to be good at, so it will be interesting to see what has gone wrong in your case. The VTK version is important because a lot of development has gone on in the Charts since 5.6, so if you're using 5.6 the bug may already have been fixed.

Otherwise, if you're using the development head and this is still happening, maybe you can pass along a minimal piece of code that demonstrates the problem and we can help figure out what's going on.

Talk to you later,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group