[vtkusers] Anisotropy with respect to the z-axis

Martin Olson martinolson1024 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 21:31:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to have anisotropy in a vtk scene so that the z-axis is
stretched compared to the x and y-axis?

What I want is to visualize data from a geological survey where the extent
in the x and y-direction is in the scale of kilometers, while in the
z-direction it's only a couple of hundred meters. I know I can transform
single actors, but that is not what I want, because it makes widgets
misbehave. I would like the whole scene to be stretched in the z-direction.
Is it possible?

- Martin