[vtkusers] How to bring an object to the coordinate's origin

nuno.jf nunofernandes7 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:35:25 EDT 2011

Hi David,

I forgot to do that ...
Currently, I have this implementation in my project:

		vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform * icp =
vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform::New();

		icp -> SetTarget( polyData1 );
		icp -> SetSource( TF ->GetOutput());

		icp -> StartByMatchingCentroidsOff();
		icp -> SetMaximumNumberOfIterations( 100 );
		icp -> SetMaximumNumberOfLandmarks( 10000 );
		icp -> GetLandmarkTransform()->SetModeToRigidBody();
		icp -> SetMeanDistanceModeToRMS();
		icp -> SetMaximumMeanDistance(0.000001);
		icp -> Update();

May I leave it this way, after rebuilding VTK? Will it work anyway?
What do I need to set in order to use the threshold to ignore the points
that are too far away?
Thank you very much for your help so far.
Nuno