[vtkusers] rubber band selection

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Mar 21 01:37:19 EDT 2011

That feature request comes up pretty often but I don't think anyone has
implemented it in VTK yet. My advice is that one could do it one of two
ways:
1) add code to vtkHardwareSelector to add a mask over the rectangular
selected pixel array where the class reads the rendered pixels to determine
what was hit.
2) Render the included shape into the stencil buffer and enable stencil
tests before the hardware selector does its identity render passes.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive