[vtkusers] Installing VTK, 'vtkHybrid.lib' error

Sameer Zaheer bless.sins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 01:54:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to install VTK, but everytime, I'm unable to get
'vtkHybrid.lib' to work. I get:

Fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vtkHybrid.lib'

The way I'm installing it is this: I downloaded vtk-5.6.1.zip,
unzipped it, then used CMAKE to configure and generate the binaries.
Note, I didn't see any "VTK_USE_HYBRID" option. Then I build the
binaries by opening vtk.sln in the binaries directory, and building
ALL_BUILD. I'm using MS Visual Studio 10.

Despite this vtkHybrid.lib exists neither in the source folder or the
binary folder. I'm also wondering, what is purpose of the
'vtk-5.6.1-win32.exe' file, since I didn't use it all during my
installation process.

Your thoughts in this matter are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Sameer Zaheer
Engineering Science 1T0+PEY