[vtkusers] vtkLegendBoxActor not pickable?

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Tue Mar 15 10:43:32 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I have a legend implemented in vtkLegendBoxActor added in a renderer along with a vtkLODActor with my residue data. I am using vtkPropPicker to implement picking in both actors. The picking works for my residue data vtkLODActor, but does not work for my legend. I did add both actors to the vtkPropPicker object via AddPickList method and called PickFromListOn() on the vtkPropPicker object. I also called SetPickable(true) on vtkLegendBoxActor object so that my legend is pickable. But vtkPropPicker->GetActor() always returns null when I pick the legend, although it does return valid actor when I pick my residue data (i.e., a vtkLODActor). Is a vtkLegendBoxActor object pickable? If yes, what did I do wrong? If not (though very unlikely), what would be the best approach to implement picking on a legend entry?

Thank you very much for any pointers and information!

Hong