[vtkusers] Having problem building vtkCommonTCL.dll

Shen-Yeh Chen shenyeh_chen at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 02:12:28 EDT 2011

I am trying to have a DLL of vtk, so that I can load it into my own version of tcl Shell.

I was told that I need the file vtkCommonTCL.dll.  So I downloaded cmake 2.8.4 and  vtk 5.6.1. I am using VS2005 SP1 win32

I checked on VTK_WRAP_TCL and the shared library options. I have also provided the lib/path to tcl and tk.

After the building is done, I can get vtkCommon.dll but not the  vtkCommonTCL.dll

So, any hint that what I have done wrong ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards
Chen