[vtkusers] vtkPolydata contour to image

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 11 18:42:07 EST 2011

Hello,

I have a vtkPolydata contour that I'd like to convert into image
data.  This is similar to the example here:
VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/PolyDataContourToImageData

except that I don't want the image contour to be filled.  I thought
that I could get around this by using polyData->GetPoints, iterating
through the point list, converting to an ITK image index, and
assigning the image data value.  However, I get the ridge artifact
shown in the image I've attached.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on the optimal method to
solve this problem.

Thanks,
Sara