[vtkusers] [Gdcm2] Problem with vtkGDCMPolyDataReader and vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:34:36 EST 2011

Hi Jothy,

There are a variety of ways to do this.  Jon Morra has been posting a
lot of questions about the display of rtstructs to the vtk-users
mailing lists, you can google his name to find his questions and
approaches.  You can use vtkAppendPolyData as a minimal approach, but
I think you'll still have the individual planes you see there.

This is the bailiwick of vtk, rather than gdcm, however.  GDCM
concerns itself with DICOM, and DICOM specifies that the contours
should be stored this way.  How those contours are displayed is
outside the standard.  Plus, VTK is going to be better at it anyway,
as that's more VTK's core mission.

HTH,
Mark