[vtkusers] Distributing a VTK Application with Java Wrapping

Kalinosky, Benjamin benjamin.kalinosky at marquette.edu
Mon Mar 7 16:06:30 EST 2011

Hello,

I have developed a Java application that uses VTK.  I would like to compile three sets of Java-wrappable VTK DLLs for Windows, Linux, and MacOSX.  Thus far, I have undesirably built the DLLs (w/ Visual Studio on Windows, GCC on Linux) on every system that will use the software.  When I have attempted to load these DLLs on another Windows or Linux system with similar OS version and hardware, Java claims that there is an architectural incompatibility with the DLLs.  When I configure CMAKE for building VTK, what are the critical flag settings that will ensure that the built DLLs can be distributed to other computers with the same OS?

Thanks,

Ben